Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Believe it, or not.

He called last night. Around 9pm. Funny how I knew it was him, even though the caller ID said 'out of area'. Hubby answered, and put it on speakerphone. There was a lot of background noise, and my broken ears could pick up only little snippets. He said he would find out in about 1/2 hour if there would be a detox bed for him today - it was still day time in Sydney. He still has no plans to continue treatment after detox. Says he has a job lined up, and will save enough money to go to New Zealand. To start anew. Again. Running away. Again. Just as the conversation was coming to an end, my broken ears pricked up - I heard the word 'money'. Yes, his cousin L has given him some money. Not much - $20 here, $40 there. Said he needed it for his prescription medication, which was only available during certain hours, and L was working during those hours, so gave A the cash instead. I left the room. Took the dogs out for their nightly constitution. I did not want to wait around for any more lies. Perhaps he was telling the truth. Probably not. This caused an argument between hubby and me afterwards. Hubby believes everything that A tells us. I believe nothing. I wish we could find a middle ground, and know what to believe, and what not to believe. Today is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment